Monday, March 2, 2009

The Call of the Holy Spirit

We have a Wednesday night Kids Club program at church and I usually do something for our Worship Rally nights. I might do a challenge for the kids or an audience participation bible story, but this time it felt different. I had been reading this book by Bill Faye called " Share Jesus without Fear," and it showed me how to share my testimony with other people. So I decided to do a Salvation Invitation during the worship rally. I practiced the invitation message over and over on numerous occasions and felt like Satan did not want me to do that message. Every time I thought about it something else came in my mind. Finally, the night of the worship rally was here and I was nervous and not sure what was going to happen. We all in Ministry know it is not easy get 100 kids to sit still and listen at the same time. Well as I began sharing the salvation invitation all the children were actually listening to what I was saying. Then I felt the Holy Spirit within me and I can honesty say God took over and allowed words to flow from my mouth. As I invited those that wanted Jesus in their lives and heart, a slience moment occurred and God spoke to numerous children who came forward to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It was an awesome sight as 41 children came forward that night by answering the call of the Holy Spirit. I wrote letters to all the parents and some children were excited and told their parents that evening and some childen did not even remember what they done. So as I follow-up with all the children over the next several weeks, God is continuing to do great things in the First Baptist Church Children's Ministry. I am so thankful to God for allowing me to be a part of what happen Wednesday (February 25, 2009) during the Kids Club Worship Rally. Remember always keep your mind and heart open to the Call of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Earl,
    I just wanted to tell you thanks for all your hard work and enthusiasm for our church and for the kids. I'm sure giving an alter call to grade school kids had to be difficult. Let me know if you ever need anything.
    Tim Todd

    ReplyDelete