Thursday, January 20, 2011

Relaxed and Refreshed

Well returned from a Children's Pastors Conference last week and it was a nightmare getting there.   Airport closing, plane cancellations, rescheduling flight and finally we made it.  The first night our speaker was Alex Kendrick, you know him and his brother Stephen made Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and Flywheel.  Well we were blessed to preview their new movie coming out September 30, 2011. I am encouraging all families to check this film out, it's called COURAGEOUS.  We promised not to discuss th movie, so your'll have to check it out, I give it 5 stars.  Went to a class held by Aaron Chambers a senior pastor for a church in Colorado and he has a book called Eat with Sinners.  This breakout session was great because at his church they do a lot of community outreach and hold all there programs in the community.  I'll let you know how the book turns out when I finish reading it.  Well my beautiful wife joined me at this conference  and we spent some time reconnecting with each other.  Also, we visited Downtown Disney and Epcot, if you have never been make plans to go and take your family, children and friends with you.  Now I have all these wondering ideas and things I've learned while at the conference, but now I will start praying about how God can use them to assist me in my ministry. So I leave you with this thought today:  Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your FAITH is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:2-3 (New Living Translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment