Thursday, December 18, 2008

Faithful Servant

Following Gods plan for our lives is not always easy, we want to control our own destiny. We have the ability to really mess it up when we try to control our own lives. I did that for almost a year when doing my ministry search. Looking back it seem like it was all about me and what I wanted for my life. When I stopped searching and truly allowed God to work his plan for my life: we ended up in the land of oz (just kidding we are in Kansas). I just want to let everyone know God has done amazing things here in Augusta Kansas and in our lives. I will admit that initially taking on so many responsibilities was challenging and I was afraid of failure. Before coming to Kansas we went with some friends to a church in Marion, Ohio. The church service was different and at the end they would prophesy over you. I recall them telling me that I needed to take two steps in the water and God would be their with me. I think I only had one foot in the water when I started my job here at First Baptist Church. I sat in my office one day and prayed and told God that I would now place both feet in the water and fully trust that he would not let me drown. Being here just a little over four (4) months, I can see the different we are making here as a family. We are truly blessed and I know that the relationships and other church families we have known in the past are all apart of the daily blessings God gives us. Just remember that sometimes it is different to understand why something is happening, but if you remain the FAITHFUL SERVANT, God will bless you continuously. I leave you with this bible verse "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37. To honor and serve Him--daily, Pastor Earl

No comments:

Post a Comment